Petroleum Storage Checklist Gauteng
A bulk storage vessel is “any vessel used to store petroleum. These containers are used for purposes including but not limited to storing oil prior to use, during use, or prior to further commercial distribution. Oil-filled electrical, operational, or manufacturing equipment is not a bulk storage vessel.
Monthly checks of all fuel tanks are important. Whether you perform them yourself or a professional technician, they ensure your fuel is clean and defects are recorded.
Documentation is important to your tank, so all inspection records should be kept as electronic reference for longevity.
As a basic, your inspection checklist should cover the following areas:
- Visual inspection - An examination of the tank system for wear, including but not limited to the tank and its liner, hoses, fittings, piping, pumps and drainage mechanism.
- Dipstick Inspection: This is the mechanical means of measuring the level of fuel in the tank.If the tank is fitted with a sapphire FMS, it will measure and report fuel digitally (thus sending information to your online portal: i.e. MCS), while the standard dipstick will give you a mechanical reading.
- A check of the interstitial space (i.e. the space between the walls) of a jacketed tank for the accumulation of fuel or water. If you have an interstitial monitor, this can also be done mechanically.
- Confirmation that all drain valves are properly closed when not in use.
- An inspection for accumulated debris or water in the containment area.A check of the containment area to ensure it is clean and functional.
- A check of the normal and emergency vents for obstructions or restrictions that might affect proper operation.
- A check of auxiliary equipment for malfunction.
- An investigation of conditions that may present a fire/safety/environmental hazard.
Above-ground fuel tanks can be convenient for businesses that frequently need to refuel company vehicles, construction vehicles, lawn mowers and power tools. Above-ground fuel tanks can also pose significant risks of loss in the form of fire, explosion, contamination and theft.
If you are looking for a low cost Fuel Equipment Suppliers Give Us A Call Today